Support Staff Worker- BAGS Foundation CT Inc.
Part-Time / Per DiemQualifications:
1. At least 21 years old 2. High school diploma or GED 3. Preferred certification in CPR 4. Preferred certification in First Aid 5. Valid CT driver’s license 6. Vehicle in good running order 7. Current auto insurance 8. Preferably 2 years experienceGeneral Description: Support Staff Worker All Support Staff will provide direct, hands on services to the individual in various locations. Main purpose is to develop a positive relationship with the individual and their family members; engage individual with positive community events and activities; enhance individual strengths, talents, interests and work ability in order to live a meaningful and productive life. Services may include any and/or all of the following: 1. Individualized Day Support- provide supervision and socialization to an adult. Assist in the on-going development and implementation of each person’s treatment/training program. This service is provided in accordance with a therapeutic goal in the plan of care. 2. Transportation- Provide transportation as needed Job Skills and Requirements:
- Empathy: Being sympathetic to their needs and understanding is necessary. Maintain a safe and healthy relationship and environment with the individual.
- Attention to Detail: Some clients have specific rules or schedules that must be minded, or specific dietary or physical rules that must be followed. Demonstrate a professional relationship with individual and have an understanding of individual’s rights with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Support Individual’s LON (Level of Need) per DDS plan and BAGS contract to enhance personal growth and independence.
- Interpersonal Skills: They must be sensitive and compassionate with the individual. Maintain confidentiality and privacy regarding all individual’s information. Respect the rights of everyone.
- Time Management: Schedule keepers. Document all activities through progress notes and date collection as outlined within the individual treatment plan. Work cooperatively with other team members to carry out the goals and objectives of the individual.
- Attend and participate in regular staff training and scheduling meetings. Be aware of BAGS Foundation CT and DDS policies and procedures.
Please send resume and three current references (name, address, phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (203) 591-1181. No phone calls will be accepted.